Detailed info about SailTrack
Available on the iOS appstore (direct link)
SailTrack helps to all of those, who want their relatives or friends to know,
where you are exactly located with your ship in current time.
SailTrack has these capabilities:
- Shows actual position (as coordinates)
- Shows actual position and whole track traveled as line on built-in map (available in the app as one of tabs)
- Counts daily trip traveled (in km and in navy miles) - useful especially for capitains daily entry in ship log
- Sends the position in regular intervals to server which stores them and can then show the position to others (read further)
Great feature is, that when there is temporarily no internet connection available, locations are not lost.
App stores them locally on the device and when internet is available, they are automatically stored to server.
Some screenshots of app:
When you enable it, app sends actual locations to server
in periodic intervals (can be set in app), so the position is always fresh.
Server stores these locations and it keeps track of the trip traveled by the ship so it can be then viewed
by others on map online.
Map with track is avalable here on personal page which can be accessed under the same username as account in SailTrack app
- For just quick overview there is static map with last 6 positions shown.
- Shows list of all days where there was some activity logged (with trip traveled)
- For more accurate observation there is interactive (zoomable) map with the whole track shown as line.
Particular days have different colors for better readability.
All stored trackpoints can be downloaded from the server as GPX file. So it can be then imported to other applications.